JOB DESCRIPTION & SPECIFICATION
Sales Person for The Sussex Sign Company.
To plan and carry out all sales activities on assigned accounts or areas. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of product and service delivery.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external clients.
- Negotiating with external clients, solving any problems and making sure deadlines are met.
- Provide sales/after sales support to external clients and monitor and resolve client specific concerns.
- Providing technical support to external clients.
- Maintain accurate contact information on external clients.
- Providing price quotes to external clients when needed.
- Assist external clients by suggesting products appropriate to their needs.
- Communicate special requests by external clients to Design, Production and Installation Departments and Management.
- Schedule sales activity.
- Develop and maintain a customer database.
- Make sales calls to new and existing clients.
- Develop sales proposals.
- Source and develop client referrals.
- Suggesting price reviews based on feedback from external clients
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Checking and reporting on the external clients account’s progress.
- Keeping in contact with the external client at all stages of the order.
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person.
- Monitor and report on sales activities and follow up for management.
- The ability to network professionally and obtain proactive leads and opportunities.
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships
- Follow up on sales activity.
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders.
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
Working within the Sales Department for the achievement of client satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Be able to communicate successfully in both written and verbal format.
- Be cordial and amenable.
- Be confident, be tactful and have a persuasive manner.
- Have complete understanding of company pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business representatives and decision makers. Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues and clients.
- A professional manner.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision whilst also being a team player.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Deliver personal and team sales targets.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and “Can Do” attitude.
- Computer literate.
- Multitasking ability.
- Negotiation skills.
- Objection handling.
- Listening skills.
- Experience in sales.
- Ability to demonstrate business financial awareness.
- Knowledge of basic business and customer service principles.
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sales.
- Must be able to work independently and or part of a professional team.
- Have knowledge and experience of working within the sign industry.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY: