The Sussex Sign Company has a fantastic opportunity for two new members of staff to join its Production & Installation team.
Celebrating 20 years of creating branding and signage solutions for a wide and varied portfolio of clients, The Sussex Sign Company is busier than ever, if you think you have the skills and the right attitude to join our winning team we’ll be delighted to hear from you.
Please email & explain your interest and why you are right person for The Sussex Sign Company to email@example.com
JOB DESCRIPTION & SPECIFICATION:
Job Title: Production Team Member
Reports to: Production Manager
Forming part of the Production Department, essentially responsible for performing all aspects of signage preparation, fabrication and installation and maintenance of a diverse portfolio of signage solutions; which includes but is not limited to sign vinyl and large format digital print preparation and application; roll to roll laminating; sign vinyl installations such as window manifestations, large format prints, window frosting and vehicle livery; including vehicle wraps. In accordance to written and/or verbal instructions, established by company procedures, safety whilst performing quality control.
Flexibility is an imperative as duties for this position will change frequently.
You will be able to demonstrate an enthusiastic, team-oriented work ethic with the flexibility and willingness to take on any task. You should display a forward-thinking, positive outlook and offer strategic productive solutions. You need to have exceptional multi-tasking skills, high attention to detail, and ability to take ownership of projects from start to finish.
- Working offsite maybe required throughout the United Kingdom which may require stay aways.
- Be able to work overtime if required.
- Ability to read floor plans, construction and schematic documentation.
- Working within the Production Department, to keep the external client, internal client and any third parties up to date with any issues at all times and to appropriately escalate issues to the Senior Management team as required.
- Working in a supportive role within the Production Department to deal with any issues / problems that arise from the fabrication/production and manage external client appropriately.
- To be able to weed and tack vinyl accurately and at a commercially viable pace.
- Application of vinyl graphics to various surfaces (including vehicle livery and wraps) at a commercially viable pace whilst maintaining quality using a variety of methods including weed borders and both dry and wet application.
- To measure and cut substrates and media with a clean edge ready for making into signs, banners and graphics using various powered saws, scalpels and other cutting tools.
- To use the hot and cold laminator correctly using the standard safety procedures.
- To use the vinyl applicator machinery correctly using the standard safety procedures.
- Must actively inspect own work for quality control in particular to watch incorrectly cut substrates & vinyl, bubbles and marks, spelling mistakes, typographical errors, misalignment of graphics and so forth; remembering that you may well be the last person to closely examine a sign prior to delivery to the client or installation.
- Working in a supportive role within the Production Department, work closely with all internal departments including, but not limited to Design and, Production Teams in preparation and execution of confirmed proposals.
- Contribute resourceful ideas and suggestions in a team setting.
- Working in a supportive role within the Production Department, provide and facilitate a Production Consultation Service on behalf of The Sussex Sign Company with new and potential external clients.
- Operate a wide variety of hand held equipment and machinery in the installation and application of signage.
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department.
- To help maintain a clean and tidy working environment – including company vehicles.
- Delivering completed signage orders to clients
- Additional support, when required within the Installation Department.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence.
- Demonstrate the ability to set and prioritise goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with the design team to achieve their best.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to take direction from management.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to seek suggestions from peers and associates.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to show leadership by consistent example.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships. Possess the ability to work with management to achieve Company goals including customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from management to improve quality and performance.
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
Working within the Production Department for the achievement of client satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term Production Departmental goals in line with company vision and values.
- Be able to communicate successfully in both written and verbal format.
- Be cordial and amenable.
- Be confident, be tactful and have a persuasive manner.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the flexibility to prioritise as necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business representatives and decision makers. Ability to work under pressure.
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of team members and clients.
- A professional manner.
- Disseminating messages to team members efficiently and promptly.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Hexis Vehicle Wrapping (or recognised industry brand) accreditation.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Valid Police/local authority vetting completion.
- The assessment and completion of RAMS certification.
- NVQ Level Two Sign Making.
- Methodical, well organised approach to work
- Must be able to work independently and or part of a professional team.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and “Can Do” attitude.
- Multitasking ability.
- Objection handling.
- Listening skills.
- Desire to continue education through trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organised under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Confidence, to present and explain ideas to clients and team members.
- The ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Have knowledge and experience of working within the sign industry.
- Operate a wide variety of hand held equipment and machinery in the installation of signage.
- Working in a supportive role to the Senior Installer, liaise on behalf of The Sussex Sign Company with various trade professionals.
- Construction Skill Certification Scheme – Skilled Worker (Illuminated/non illuminated Signage)
- Valid PASMA accreditation.
- Valid IPAF accreditation.
- Working knowledge of electrics.
- Familiar with LED installation.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY:
This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the strategic direction requirements of The Sussex Sign Company.